Salary: £19,240 pro rata 8-10 hours per week, Tuesday and/or Friday between 9am and 5pm
Do you want to work somewhere that makes a difference to young people, helping them to make positive changes in their lives and re-engage with their education?
We are looking for a unique person for a newly created role. Someone who has the knowledge, passion, and skills to set up and manage a payroll process using Sage Business Cloud and maintain accounts for our growing Charity which currently employs 16 people.
- Prepare and execute the monthly payroll using Sage Business Cloud.
- Upload pension data monthly into the Pension providers’ online portal
- Completion and submission of payroll year end
- Ensure timely monthly accounting routines and reconciliations are completed using Sage. Including reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts of debtors, creditors; review of income and expense accounts for completeness and accuracy.
- Monthly financial management reports to include summary level I&E, Balance Sheet and cash reporting and departmental I&E budget reporting for internal purposes.
- Work closely with Inclusion Hampshire’s Treasurer, CEO and Business Manager to manage the annual budget process including financial planning and projections, preparing alternative scenarios for pupil fees and other income, staff resources and costs, and other expenditures.
- Provide support for Treasurer to prepare trial balance and supporting schedules for statutory examination/audit purposes
- Maintain adequate records of fixed assets.
- Professional, diligent and trustworthy with a calm and approachable manner. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal skills, articulate in written and verbal communication, able to work in a small organisation and team.
- Hard working with a hands-on approach.
- Organised and reliable, able to be flexible as priorities change
- A keen eye for detail, setting and maintaining high standards of work output quality
- A strong commitment to maintaining the values of the charity, and to safeguarding pupils, staff and visitors at all times.
- Relevant qualification in accounts, for example AAT L3 with at least 2 years’ experience.
- Experience of producing monthly management accounts accurately and to deadlines.
- Experience of working with SAGE accounting packages and proficient in the use of Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience in the preparation of annual budgets and year end accounts
- Education to degree level.
- Direct experience, or a good understanding, of what it is like to work in an education environment.
- Experience of Charity (SORP) accounting.
- To undertake other duties as reasonably deemed appropriate by the Line Manager for the role or the Chief Executive
- This document will form the focus for Performance Management and will be integral in any subsequent review.
- Inclusion Hampshire is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
- The post holder is responsible for ensuring that all Inclusion Hampshire safeguarding policies are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies.
- This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check. As with all posts, the successful applicant will be required to provide proof of their right to work in the UK and, if they have lived abroad, overseas police clearance/s will need to be sought.
Working within office and teaching environment
Liaising with managers, and external agencies
Display Screen Equipment
You must be able to meet travel requirements of the post
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 17th February 2020 INTERVIEWS ON: 25th February 2020