Supporting special educational needs (SEN)
With support and high aspirations, young people who have SEN can achieve and make a successful transition into employment or further education and training.
Our experienced team of staff provide support and teaching to remove barriers to learning on both the Pre 16 programme and Post 16 programme.
This support includes:
- Individual support programmes with input from learners, parents and schools.
- One to one learner support.
- Differentiated teaching and resources.
- A comprehensive and supportive social skills and communication programme.
- Helping young people to prepare for adulthood through accredited OCR Life and Living Skills course.
- Working collaboratively with partners in education, health and social care.
- Supporting assessment for exam access arrangements. This information can contribute to specialised support planning, in session support and differentiation. This carries on with the learner to college, apprenticeships or other programmes for 2 years.
- Contributing to Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan meetings and reviews.
“R’s behaviour has vastly improved. His attitude to education and elders has been amazing. I really hope from how far he has come that he will just continue to get better and better. I’m very proud of where he has come to today, a very bright intelligent young man.”
Parent of former Year 11 learner